zaterdag 23 november 2019

191123

Net op flickr.com gepost onder de titel "1909: colonials"  en met het volgende bijschrift:

Another look into a distant past, long disappeared... It depicts another distant relative, cousin of my grandfather’s. This is Engbertus Keppel Hesselink (another Engbertus, a name common in the family, since the [Keppel] Hesselinks had joined with the Engberts family). This Engbertus served as president of the Council of Justice in Medan (Dutch Indies/now Indonesia), counsillor tot the High Court, and president of the High Military Court. He lived from 1879 till 1957 and was married to Henriette Theodora van Steeden (1888-1979). Which one of the two ladies here depicted is Theodora, I don’t know and neither do I know the name of the other lady.  (Come to think of it: I think Theodora is probably the woman on the left, since the other one has distinct mixed blood features...) The boy’s name seems to be Freddy but that makes it unlikely that he was Engbertus’ son. The picture was taken in Bandoeng, Dutch Indies in July 1909. I want one of those palm trees!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten