zaterdag 19 januari 2019

190119

Net gepost op flickr.com met het volgende bijschrift:

In the early seventies my parents bought a little farmhouse just outside the medieval town of Veere,
where my mother had grown up. First solely for vacationing purposes, but around 1979, after a major
renovation, they moved in permanently. Needless to say I spent a lot of time in that beautiful region.
This picture was sshot in March 1975 when I spent a month there with a friend, working on a school
paper. It shows the little gate in the fence on the dike, allowing hikers to walk through it to Veere,
while at the same time preventing the grazing sheep to do so as well.  In the background a part of
the giant medieval church('Grote Kerk'/Big Church') where some two centuries ago Napoleon stabled
his soldiers' horses...'  I recently scanned the negative and cleaned it up a bit.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten